Quality Carriers Company Drivers
Quality Carriers (QC) is a company operating the Largest Bulk Tank Truck Fleet in North America; currently 2,300 power units and growing. At QC we provide assistance and guidance to our drivers through a network of more than 100 terminals and support facilities spanning the United States, Canada and Mexico. Additionally, our company drivers enjoy the stability that comes from our standing as a subsidiary of Quality Distribution Inc., the leading Transportation and Logistics Company in our industry.
If you are interested in a trucking career with Quality Carriers, CLICK HERE to find a Company Driver job near you.
Minimum Qualification Requirements for Company Drivers
As the leading trucking company in our industry, we look for the best drivers, and we expect the best from our drivers. This means our standards and requirements for truck driving are high, and not everyone can meet them. Those drivers who do can expect competitive compensation and benefits, as well as other incentives. To expedite the application process, the following items are presented which outline our minimum requirements to be a truck driver for Quality Carriers.
To be a driver for Quality Carriers or Affiliate Partners, drivers MUST meet the following truck driver requirements:
1. Be at least 22 years of age
2. Be able to read, write, and communicate in English. (French if in French speaking Terminal)
3. Be authorized to work in the United States (Canada if Canadian Driver)
4. Have at least one (1) year experience (six months with same carrier) under a D.O.T. certified carrier with articulating vehicles in the last three (3) years. Or, have one (1) year Tanker experience (six months with the same carrier) with articulating vehicles in the last ten (10) years.
5. Relative experience that falls outside of window described above will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
6. Have no alcohol or drug related convictions in the last seven (7) years. Have no more than two (2) convictions in the last 25 years.
7. Have never tested positive for drugs or alcohol under DOT guidelines.
8. Have no more than 7 jobs in the last 3 years.
9. Have no more than 3 moving violations or preventable accidents within the last 3 years.
10. No speeding tickets in any motor vehicle at or above 78 mph or 15 mph over the posted speed limit in the last 12 months.
11. Must be able to pass a D.O.T. physical examination, Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Drug Test, and be in physical condition to perform all essential functions required by driver's job description.
12. Have no disqualifying offenses per the TSA which prohibit you from holding a hazardous materials endorsement or any felony convictions which are substantially related to driving a CMV with HM lading.
13. Applicants must have Tanker and Hazardous Materials Endorsement, and must be willing to obtain TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials) Card.
14. Pass a mandatory 25-mile QC Road Test.
15. Be clean-shaven at all times and able to wear a full/half face respirator. Reasonable accommodations will be on a case by case basis.
If you meet these standards and requirements to be a truck driver, we invite you to search our CURRENT OPENINGS to see if there is a challenging and rewarding Quality Carriers position waiting for you. However, if you are ready to move forward right now, please complete our online application and APPLY NOW. To complete the application, you will be required to furnish the following information:
- Social Security Number
- Home address history covering the past three (3) years
- Current driver’s license number and driver’s license history for the past three (3) years
- Employment history covering the past ten (10) years
- Driver history, including all traffic accidents, violations and/or convictions (including DUIs, reckless driving convictions and any license suspensions) form the last three (3) years
- Military service (if applicable)
If you find yourself excited by the prospect of working for a company that values you as a person as much as it values your contributions to our success, then we invite you to come grow with us. Find more about how you can start a rewarding transportation and trucking career with Quality Carriers by calling us at 1-877-967-5472 or APPLY NOW.